Special Projects Manager
VECINA is hiring a part-time Special Projects Manager for a limited duration. This position will manage pro bono teams working on legal projects and issues related to migrants at the southern border, as well as migrants from Ukraine.
- Manage the placement of cases and pro bono projects with pro bono attorneys and teams.
- Check in with pro bono teams for case updates.
- Ensure that pro bono attorneys and teams are completing case tasks in accordance with deadlines.
- Assist with the design of educational materials for volunteers and the public.
- Communicate with and field questions from volunteers.
- Maintain up-to-date and precise data for the project.
- Create data reports for the Project Director and VECINA team.
- Support the Project Director, Legal Director, and Pro Bono Fellow as needed.
- Commitment to immigrant and social justice.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to both give and take direction.
- Ability to work well independently and be a self-starter in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong computer skills, including with data entry, Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, and project management or case management software.
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred.
- Experience working with immigrant communities preferred.
Work Hours: 10-15 hours per week.
Location: This opportunity is remote. High speed internet required.
Term: This position is intended to last for approximately 3-6 months.
Apply: Send resume and cover letter in an email with the subject line “Special Projects Manager Application” to Project Director Molly Chew at email@example.com.
VECINA firmly believes that diversity makes the world a better place and brings immeasurable value to our work. People of color, LQBTQ+ individuals, and individuals from diverse backgrounds or immigrant communities are strongly encouraged to apply. VECINA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.